Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Count Down of Another Sort


This. Just because that's exactly how I feel.

Anyway. Back to the 'countdown of another sort'.....my first half marathon!!  Its less than 3 months away and time to get serious about upping the mileage on my weekend long runs. Tomorrows goal was 8 but I may need to reevaluate that since as I sit here typing I have a frozen bag of veggies on my left quad. 

The most frustrating part is that i pulled it yesterday leaving work. All I did was take a big step down quickly. Must have been in a hurry to get the heck outta there. Ha! I felt it instantly and massaged it all the way home. I'd pretty much forgotten about it till i took off on a run this morning. With hopes to get in a quick 4 miles i capped it off at 2. My pace was pretty darn quick which I'm proud of but it was hurting everytime i lifted my leg forward. 


So, here I am. I foam rolled. I'm icing and later I'm going to rub some Deep Blue into it. Hopefully tomorrow i can get more miles in by slowing my pace down. If not i might just rest it some. Stupid step.



No comments:

Post a Comment