Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ouch!

Dane has learned to ride his bike without training wheels! Very exciting. He doesn't need help starting off or turning around or stopping. However.....
 
We'd been practicing in the grass so I wasn't making him where a helmet. On Sunday while Brad was mowing and I was inside with Olive Dane decided to take off on his bike down the gravel driveway with no helmet.  I wasn't watching so I don't know what happened but Brad said he was peddeling very fast and crashed hard! Dane says he hit a big rock. Not sure if I believe that but he did hit a rock with his head and skinned up his knee.  Brad gave him a ride up to the house on the mower and he had blood running down his face. Poor boy.
 
 Lesson learned, Where a helmet at all times.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment