Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fun in the "Bud"

I may have mentioned this before but Dane calls mud "Bud". I have no idea why. He can say words that begin with Mm just fine, but not the word mud. It's so cute to hear him talk about getting all "buddy" :)



I knew that this may be problem from the start. We have a small "pond" (mud hole) that only fills up if we get ALOT of rain or 30" of melting snow. Needless to say, it's full right now. Zoey led Dane out there yest (which I'm certain she did on purpose) and he followed her right in. He loved every minute of it! Luckily he had on the rainboots I'd bought him the weekend prior. He stomped and splashed and I just clicked away. He was soooooo happy.



Look at that smile! :)






and then of course he had to pee.......


Well, It's a good thing we live in the country. The bad thing about this mud hole is never being able to just leave Dane outside to run inside real fast. Seems like a good spot for a child to drown. Going to have to keep my eye on him till he understands and speaking of which, I ran inside to throw some laundry in and when I got back out, Dane was soaking wet from the knees down! Oh, Geez.

1 comment:

  1. Illa peed in the backyard the other day. She's never done it before, no one has ever told her it was ok to pee outside (no one has ever told her it WASN'T ok either-we live in town) she was playing and just stopped, said "I have to pee" and dropped and and squat. Ryan said she was done and had her pants back up before he could even get to her!!

    ReplyDelete