Monday, September 9, 2013

A Room For Olive

I've had a long weekend and was able to really get to crackin' on Olive's bedroom.  It's turning out quite darling and she just loves it which makes it all worth it. On Friday I painted the whole room pale grey.  So, after strolling through Hobby Lobby and seeing this Teal oval mirror (lower left) I decided that I wanted that color for her accent wall and stripe so I color matched it. Behr 'Tropical Sea' is it's name. Then I painted the frame holding our family picture a yellow Behr 'English Daisy' that matches the yellow in her new bedding and painted the matting the dark grey from the dresser. I love the way it turned out.
 
 
 
 
 
I did find cute little vintage looking knobs at Target this weekend. The rest of the drawers were pulls, so my dilemma is should I find plain silver pulls to replace them with or go with the same knobs all-over.  I'm alittle worried that it would look too knobby...ya know? I could use some feedback on this.
 
 
 
My Hobby Lobby finds.  Not sure where exactly I'm going to put these but I liked the colors.
 
 
 
I got her curtains hung and thinking of replacing her blinds.  The blinds are creamy ivory and look terrible with the white curtains. They also don't block much light so I'm thinking of getting light blocking roman shades instead but we'll see.

 
I've got special plans for the corner above. I want to turn it into a book reading nook like this......
 
 
So my super awesome friend is stopping by IKEA to pick me up some of these wooden spice racks and then I'm going to paint them Pink! (the shade of the pink frame).  Eventually when baby girl gets her big girl bed put up I'm going to paint her a nightstand in this shade of pink too :)
 
Eeeek. I love it and so does she!!!
 
Below she's saying "My room!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment