Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th & Firecracker 5k Recap

The weather was near perfection for a 5k this morning but I'm learning I perform best in colder weather. Ironic because I HATE being cold! It was a nice sunny 60's this morning and you can't really wish for better running weather in July.

I felt like I really pushed it today. I really wanted to at least come close to that 5k PR of 25:57. I didn't but I gave it 100%.  Actually, your not suppose to go out too fast but I was really trying to better my time. My first mile was an 8:10. Oops too fast and I wasn't able to keep it up.

My official time was 27:10 with an 8:43 pace.
I placed 36th out of 105 total participants and 15th out of 60 females.

I've done 4 5k's this year and this one placed 2nd in times.

Race #1 Nov Pumpkin Dash 27:35
**Race #2 Lady Tutu 25:57**   PR
Race #3 Glo Run 27:17
Race #4 Firecracker 27:10





I ran this one with my baby brother and a friend of mine from high school. Because of these 2 it was actually really fun. They had me laughing before and after.


Still chasing that PR.

Have a Happy 4th of July! We're headed to a party and fireworks later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment