Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cats & Friends

My friend Ellen and her husband Kirk were back in town for a few days and luckily we were able to squeeze in a few hours to visit. Brad, Dane and I went over to her parents house on Monday night. It was sooooo good to see her again and Dane just adores her. There is something kinda nice in watching your longest childhood friend interacting with your child. I think Ellen and Kirk will make great parents someday and it would be so cool to see our kids play together! :)



Ellen's mom Mari has 2 cats, "Pablo" the largest cat I've ever seen and "Bob" a 5 month old playful kitten. Dane had a great time playing (torturing) them! Here Dane was instructed to look at Brad and smile but he just can't stop staring at Bob.
Dane, Bob, Mari and Ellen playing a game


Mari, Pablo and Dane.

This is the 2nd time we've seen Ellen & Kirk in last last 3 months, it's always so good to get together with them. I wish we lived closer and could do that more often. I'm thinking it would be nice to visit them in New York next time. We'll have to figure out a time that works for both of us and get something planned. I haven't traveled that far with Dane yet or gone on a trip alone with him at all, that could prove to be interesting.



2 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you that Pablo has slimmed down recently... he used to be bigger!

    Also, YES, you need to come visit. Bribe Dane with my two cats if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for commenting! Pablo needs his own zip code! :) We would love to visit you, and I won't have to brib him with cats, all's I'll have to say is "You wanna go see Ellen!"

    ReplyDelete