Sunday, February 21, 2010

Zoey

Zoey is our 8 year old mixed breed, part German Shepherd, part something else. Her left ear never did stand up all the way. We got her at the humane society when she was around 12 weeks old. She has been a great dog and she's been so good with Dane. I'll never forget when we brought Dane home for the first time and set his carrier down on the floor so Zoey could meet him. I've never seen her so excited! The following 6 months she proceeded to follow me around, getting up with me in the middle of the night and sitting beside me as I nursed Dane. It was as if she thought he was hers. If he cried, she was there or she was looking for me and letting me know he needed something. It was adorable.
She is still remarkably tolerant of him as he chases her, pulls on her, attempts to ride her and just plain tortures her. They love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment