Saturday, February 6, 2010

Roast Chicken Adventure

We've never cooked a whole chicken before. Seems odd since I like to cook, but I guess whole animal just scared me a little. I've never cooked a turkey either. Found a good recipe on The Food Network website. I realize we were suppose to tie the legs together, but we didn't have any string. Turns out, it didn't really matter, the chicken was really tender and juicy. We seasoned it with salt and pepper and than gave it a rub down inside and out with a butter, EVOO, parsley and garlic concoction.






We roasted potatoes and onions too. Really yummy.

We had alot of chicken leftover, We're thinking we'll use it today in another recipe. So many choices, unsure which to use it in. Maybe just some shredded chicken sandwiches or maybe I'll make some enchilada's. Mmmmmmmm.......



We'll definitely do this again. On a funny note, Dane kept calling the chicken a "piggy"





No comments:

Post a Comment