Friday, May 14, 2010

Arts-N-Crafts

A few months ago I ordered this kit called Windows into Nature from a One Step Ahead catalog. It's adorable. The theory being that you put this birdhouse together, paint it, stick it to the window and then watch from inside your house as the birds turns it into a home. A cute idea.


However, The birdhouse comes in about a million pieces that don't really fit together that well and they give you cheap like Elmer's glue to hold it all together! It turned out to be more of a craft project for me than for Dane. Someone should have be photographing my expressions as I tried to do this!! As I was holding/gluing the pieces together is when Dane was unscrewing the deck boards! Anyways, I did finally get it together (not sure I would trust it to hold a little family of birds) and Dane did get it all painted. He liked that part.




He took it pretty seriously.


Here it is all finished and suctioned to the window. Pretty cute I think.



The view from inside. I wouldn't trust those suction cups either. I don't think any bird is stupid enough you build a nest in this thing but I've been thinking I might try to entice the birds in by putting out some seed nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment