Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ball Park Mom

I didn't mention this. Dane started baseball practice a few weeks ago. Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30-7:30. He loves it and that's what matters. I don't. It's hectic to rush from work, pick the kids up, rush home,  rush to whip up dinner and rush down to the ball field. Lately, it's been colder in the evenings too and last night Olive threw a major fit when I said it was time to leave. She was having a blast playing with her friend Sammie. I told her it was time to go and she immediately started screaming and running from me. I chased her down, told Dane to grab his stuff and meet us at the car and I then proceeded to carry a screaming, crying, kicking 2 year old back to the car. Mind you Dane's team practices at one of the back ball fields and it was probably a solid 1/4 mile to the car. People were staring.  It wasn't pretty and it wasn't over either. I buckled her in and she continued to scream at the top of her lungs. Yes, I spanked her. She went straight to her room and bed for the evening as soon as we got in the door and I NEVER want to take her to practice again. Ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment