Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mother Earth

This post's title is dedicated to a couple of my favorite girlfriends
( You know who you are, love ya long time)

I'd been wanting a rain barrel forever. This is what I requested Brad make me for Mother's Day/Birthday. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I've been watering all my potted flowers and the whole garden with it. Just one rain storm is all it takes and it's full! Actually, Kinda wish I had two of them.







Here's the latest pic of the garden. It's doing really well. We've had several handful of strawberries already with alot of green ones still on the plants. The green beans are lookin good at probably 7" tall. Both the summer and butternut squash are up. The onions are great, and the broccoli is finally lookin' good. The only things not doing ok right now is the spinach and really the lettuce is coming up but it's super tiny, can't see how we'll have lettuce any time soon.




Today is my birthday. No plans, just work. We're allegedly leaving on Friday to head to Tennesee. Brad is gonna do some work for his uncle down there (paid) and then we'll head up to Kentucky to visit his Gram and Tam. I'd been begging to go to Kentucky for months now to visit and just hang out. Love it there, great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment