Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally, It's planted

After months of almost constant rain we finally got the garden planted. These pictures don't show it, but the fence is up now and we just planted the tomatoes today.




This years crop includes... Sweet Corn, Assorted Bell Peppers, Jalapeno peppers, Peas, Zucchini, Green Beans, Tomatoes, Peanuts, and Strawberries. Along with the wild blackberry bushes we have.



The tire houses the peanuts. I have an patient who is an avid gardener, his home garden puts mine and everyone I knows to shame!! He mentioned growing peanuts last year and when I showed some interest he brought me in some! How nice! They get harvested around October and he said it's a great plant for a kid to help with cause searching for the peanuts underground is like a treasure hunt! I'm excited to check that out!



This year we added some Russian Bore manure to the garden. We did that back in March and it took almost 3 months for the smell to disappear but we're hoping it will really help to build up the nutrients in our soil and therefore give us better results.









* Still pregnant. 40 weeks & 3 days. If I don't have her by next Tuesday (41weeks) I have to go in for another cervical check and an ultrasound, then they will discuss induction. I think I'll have Brad take a naked belly shot maybe tonight or tomorrow. It feels and I'm sure looks insanely large right now! Here's me hoping she's not a giant chubby monster of a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment