Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day


On Father's Day I got up and started getting the house all cleaned up while Brad headed to the grocery to pick up a few things for the party. Yes, my husband went grocery shopping on Father's day. He's a keeper ;) 

After everything was good to go we loaded up the fourwheelers and headed to The Summit to play. 


I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try trail running. I actually really enjoyed it. It was definitely hard and you definitely don't work on speed. I chose not to run with music so i could hear nature and the sound of Brad's fourwheeler in the distance incase i somehow got turned around in there the noise could lead me to my people. 

It was pretty neglected back there. Trees were down blocking the path and the weeds were as tall as me in places. How i managed to only get 1 bug bite and 0 ticks on me is a miracle! 



Only 2 miles but It was tough and considering I'd done a 5K the night before I was happy with that.



The kids took naps when we got home and i got to cookin for the party.


My dad with all 5 kids. These people rock and I love them.






A little Baseball practice in the front yard after dinner.



It was a great day! 


 Today I got up and took the kids to the Zoo. I'd been dying to see the new 'Heart of Africa' exhibit that opened 3 weeks ago but i wanted to give it time to die down alittle. Plus, there was a chance of rain today and i knew that would scare some people away.

It was great and we loved it. I forgot my phone in the car so i only took camera pictures. Therefore you may never see how much fun we had. (Unless i magically figure out why i can't upload pictures from it)




P.S. Brad ordered me to buy new running shoes because he was tired of hearing me bitch about my feet hurting. Sympathetic of him huh? So anyway, after walking around the zoo i got tired of my sore feet and came right home and ordered new shoes. I can't wait to try them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment